There are times when we all struggle to concentrate. Whether it’s grappling with something particularly taxing at work, trying to do your best in an exam or just feeling overwhelmed by everything on the to-do list and thus not knowing where to start. Times like this may have you searching for something to give your brain a boost. Brain focus supplements are nothing new, but they are improving all the time. So, the big question you are probably asking yourself is do they work and if so, what difference are they going to make to you?
First of all let’s make it clear that the brain health industry is an evolving one. The more technology and data that becomes available, the faster scientists, doctors and nutritionists can work to put the pieces together to increase their understanding of the fantastic organ that is the brain.
We’ve all got one and yet, tucked away inside our heads, it often gets overlooked as we focus on supporting other areas of our bodies. How many times have you felt tired and thought you might not be sleeping enough so invested in sleeping tablets, or felt drained and overworked and sought out energy supplements to give you a boost? Whilst we are not saying these won’t work, sometimes you have to strip things back and look at the organ that is responsible for the working processes of everything else in the body - the brain.
Brain boosting supplements - separating the good from the bad
The first thing you’ll need to do if you’re serious about showing your brain some TLC is learn how to separate the good brain boosting supplements from the bad ones.
With supplements available from a wide range of sources, from high street chemists and health food shops to online stores, you may be spoilt for choice. Just remember that what you see in the shops may have information limited to what can be included on the label and packaging. Shopping online may give you better access to more details and research that can help you make an informed decision.
So, what should you be looking out for?
- Ingredients - it’s as much about what is in the supplements as what isn’t. So look out for pure ingredients and no hidden nasties such as fillers, colours or preservatives. If you don’t recognise something, look it up and if you’re still not convinced, don’t buy it.
- Products that are backed by science - why do they contain what they contain? If you can’t find a good scientific story behind the ingredients or the products themselves, this probably means there isn’t one.
- Authenticity - are the products developed by people with an invested interest in the brain? Lack of people behind the brand, or no sign of authorised figures such as doctors or nutritionists should set alarm bells ringing.
- Purpose - what does the brain focus supplement purport to do? What are the symptoms it can help reduce and how well will it fit in with your lifestyle? A good supplement should speak to you in terms of solving your current problems, such as helping to give you more energy, make you feel more focused and give you more mental clarity.
At Noggin, we’re invested in helping to develop the brain care of the nation, so we’ve done our research and taken great attention in developing our brain care range, which includes OOMPH - our brain focus supplement designed to boost energy, focus and clarity. Our products are designed by doctors and nutritionists with your symptoms and long term brain health in mind.
How do brain focus supplements work?
A good brain focus supplement such as OOMPH, will contain a unique combination of vitamins, minerals and botanicals that have all been carefully chosen for their own special properties in supporting brain health. When combined, these high quality ingredients create a powerful supplement that can help boost focus, improve mental clarity and increase energy.
By choosing easily absorbable ingredients and presenting them in safe dosage levels, we are doing our bit to help improve cognitive function.
Is a brain boosting supplement right for me?
We get asked this question quite regularly and our initial answer is always, that your brain is the most important part of you and when it is working correctly, so do you!
Here are a few scenarios in which you might find yourself in need of our OOMPH brain boosting supplement:
- You’ve been burning the candle at both ends recently and feel close to burnout.
- You’re a busy professional trying to juggle your priorities in a demanding job.
- You’re a frazzled parent, trying to fit everything into the day but struggling to find the hours.
- You’re studying for exams and need something to help you concentrate.
- You’re suffering with concentration issues such as brain fog or fatigue.
Taken as directed and particularly when used in combination with a healthy lifestyle, brain boosting supplements can help you to feel more energised and be better able to focus on the task at hand.
You and your brain are in safe hands with Noggin because we are committed to improving brain health and making information and understanding about the brain accessible to everyone. We believe that you’re never too old or too young to start taking care of your brain and we want to develop and evolve our products to help you feel and do better.
All of our brain health supplements are backed by scientific research, contain no fillers or additives and are made using only high quality ingredients.
Click here to shop our full range of brain function supplements and if you have any questions, we’ll be happy to help answer them here. Don’t forget you can subscribe to regular deliveries of our supplements and save 10%.